Corporate Accountant – 12 month contract
Help us make health insurance WAY less complicated
health.com.au (part of the GMHBA Group) is an online Private Health Insurer based in Abbotsford. We provide health insurance to tens of thousands of people across Australia. We know how hard it can be to make sense of all the health insurance policies available so we exist to make things simple!
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will provide Financial and Management Accounting support to the business to satisfy internal and legislated reporting requirements. This role is ideal for an accountant looking for career progression or a first step out of Big 4.
The Person we’re looking for.
To be successful in the role ideally your skills and experience will include:
• Statutory Compliance and regulatory reporting
• Month/Year End Reporting
• Liaising with external and internal auditors
• Managing the processing invoices/payments function
• Oversee payroll set up and processing
• The ability to apply your skills and knowledge to provide solutions to complex situations
• Advanced Excel skills
• Budgeting / Forecasting
• Competent in using Accounting packages
• Adaptable to IT systems and ability to become familiar with HAMBS (Hospital and Medical Benefits System)
• CA or CPA qualified
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in an accounting or public practice role
If you’d like to get a tiny bit ahead of yourself for a moment and imagine life as the successful candidate, here’s what you’ll be rewarded with:
• A lovely bunch of people who’ve created a genuinely excellent, agile work culture and environment, and who look after each other
• Furious, highly competitive in-house pool and table tennis competitions
• Ongoing Learning and Development
• Discounted health insurance
• Access to AIA Vitality, an award-winning health and wellbeing program
• Fresh fruit and coffee
• Regular social events
• Flexible working arrangements- health.com.au understand that it’s important to achieve balance between work, family and social commitments.
If we had to sum it all up in a couple of words, it’d be fun and ambitious.
At the heart of HEA’s culture is a desire to do the right thing for our customers. That’s not something we simply say to sound honourable – it’s something we aim for every day.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, please send your CV and cover letter by 20th February 2019.